Cotton is a soft, staple fibre spun into yarn to make soft, breathable textile. Govinds Grove uses the finest cotton to create exquisite, handblock printed bed linen like duvets, quilts, junior quilts, bedspreads, pillows, cushions, euro shams, curtains and table linen.
- The word ‘cotton’ is derived from ‘qutun’ or ‘kutun’, an Arabic word used to describe any fine textile.
- Cotton plants are a leafy, green shrub and a member of the Hibiscus family. They have cream and pink flowers for a short time only and once pollinated, the flowers are replaced by cotton bolls. Once the bolls are harvested, the fibre can be processed into yarn and fabric.
- Cotton first dates from at least 7,000 years ago, making it one of the world’s oldest known fibres.
- Cotton keeps the body cool in summer and warm in winter because it is a good conductor of heat.
Cotton fabric is so good for you and that's why Govinds Grove bed linen uses finest cotton. Here are some fantastic benefits it offers,
- Hypo-allergenic, since it doesn’t irritate sensitive skin or cause allergies.
- Cotton’s softness makes it a preferred fabric and aids in good night's sleep!
- Cotton has a high absorbency rate, so it wicks the moisture off you letting your skin breathe.
- Unlike synthetic fibres, cotton is a natural product and contains no chemicals.
- Cotton is not only natural but also a very durable fabric.
Due to its its unique fiber structure, cotton breathes easily, making it a finest option for bed linen. Comfortable, practical and super soft - we guarantee you will love it!
In love with cotton,